I have made a wee bit of progress, the two steps forward part. Motor is in, small amount of cutting and grinding and welding…well, ok, a lot of that. Note I cut off a bit of the motor mount to have access to the oil port for my oil pressure gauge. Put on the Drive Junky belt system today. Found out that I can use a rack and pinion steering which takes care of the header clearance problem.
The fuel tank is ready to be TIG welded (Rick’s Tanks). However the 500 # gorilla is still in the room, that’s the 8 speed, and yes, you are right, 1st gear is like 4.56, I found out that the rear end is 2.20:1. Not sure if that is within the parameters of the ECM, might have to swap gears later. I have to get the steering in before I can move the car back over to the lift side and slide the tranny under the car. Then I can see how much of the 60 year old floor I have to cut away. Anyway it is some progress. – Harry Abbott, Oak Harbor, Wa.
Latest photo from Harry -12/5/2017
DriveJunky serpentine system
Rick’s tank bung to be welded into Tank’s Inc FI tank
Dirty Dingo engine mounting plates adapted to frame